User Guide V1
Create a channel
- Title = channel name.
- Description = descriptive for information purposes (not visible).
- Parent = place where the channel is created (by default the channel will be placed at the very place where you are in your tree structure - on the left of the screen. This is also indicated under "Parent". In this case it says "User guide" which is the only channel available in this test).
- Published = activate so that the video is visible to Internet users, otherwise the videos will be stored but not visible.
- Click on the "Save" button.
Upload a video
- You can simply drag and drop the video.
- You can use the "cloud" icon.
- You can use the "hamburger" menu and see upload options appear.
- You can use the "Add Video" button.
- It may be necessary to refresh the page to display the video by clicking on "Reload" or on the button used to refresh your browser page, the time of the availability of the video will depend on its weight, its duration and the time of transcoding.
Managing "his" video
- You can click on your video in the tree view.
- You can click on the UUID of your video in the channel. The 4 most commonly used options are:
- Preview = allowing you to view your video.
- Subtitles = allows the management of its subtitles
- Embedded codes = allows to predefine the options of the behavior of the player and to recover the code to be integrated.
- Change poster = allows to choose/change the posterframe of the video.
- Click on "add subtitles".
- Put a name.
- Put a locale in iso2 "fr" or iso3 "fre" code (it will automatically be transformed into iso3 "fre").
- Upload the subtitles file (only srt or ptt).
- Then the subtitles appear.
- The subtitles also appear in the preview.
The most commonly used functions appear.
Autoplay: automatically launches the player when the page is displayed without necessary interaction with the user (an alert will indicate that for the autoplay to work the "Mute" function must be activated).
- Mute: configures the player in basic mute.
- Controls: displays all player controls for the user (example: player scroll bar, etc.).
- Loop: loops the video.
- Stretching type: by default the players have a standard ratio (16/9, 9/3, ...) if the ratio of the video is different, this option makes it possible to force the stretching of the video content in the player (this avoid "black bands").
Do not track: statistics are deactivated by default, starting tracking allows them to be activated (according to GDPR regulations, users must accept cookies on a site to allow tracking).
- Click on "Change poster".
The posterframe can be changed/selected in two different ways
Direct upload of an image from your computer by clicking on "Upload".
- The selection in the course of the video concerned of a precise frame by clicking on "From video" (just move the playback cursor then "Generate poster").
Create chapters and clips
Video chapters and clips allow you to break down longer videos into shorter segments
Creating video chapters
Here's how you can create a chapter:
- Navigate to the video you want to add chapters to.
- Click on the " Chapters & Clipping"
- Enter a title for the chapter
- To set the start, you can use the video player by going to the desired start time with the progress bar and clicking on the "Set Start" button. You can also enter the timestamps in the start input field.
- It’s the same way to set the end.
- The end is not mandatory. In this case, it is like a marker in the video.
- Click on the " Create Chapter" button to save your new chapter.
- Repeat the steps for each chapter you want to create
Testing your chapters
To ensure that your chapters have been set up correctly, you can test the start and end
- Click on the **"Test Start " button to start the video at the beginning of the chapter and stop it 2 seconds later.
- Click on the "Test End " button to start the video 2 seconds before the end of the chapter and stop it at the end.
Create a video clip
To create a clip, you need to first create a chapter, and then use the clip action button associated with that chapter to generate the clip.
- Navigate to the video you want to create a clip from.
- Click on the "Chapters & Clipping" tab
- Locate the chapter you want to create a clip from in the list of chapters.
- Click on the Clip action button in the actions list.
- In the modal that appears, enter a clip title for the clip.
- For videos with multiple audio tracks: you can choose the language(s) you want to include in the clip (one or several)
- Click "Perform Clip" to generate the clip.
You can also create a clip with several chapters:
- Select the checkbox next to each chapter you want to include
- Clicking on the "Create Clip" button.
- The “create a clip” modal appears
- Enter a title for the clip.
- You can reorder chapters: simply drag and drop them
- Click "Perform Clip" to generate the clip.
Managing your chapters and clips
Once you've created your video chapters and clips, you can manage them easily within Cockpit. Here are some common tasks you might want to perform:
- Editing a chapter. Click on the "Edit" button in the actions list.
- Deleting a chapter. Click on the "Delete" button in the actions list.
Import Chapters from another video
You can import the chapters from another video. For example, you have created the chapter of a video in landscape (16by9) and you want to import these chapters in the video portrait (9by16) of this video.
- Click on the button import chapters
- In the modal, search for the video that contains the chapters you want to import
- You will see the chapter list of the selected video
- Select the chapters you want to import
- Click on “Import Chapters” to import them
- Click on "Stats".
The statistical tool must be entered in "Configure"
It is necessary to indicate what is sought in "Stat Type".
It is necessary to indicate the period sought in "From Date Type".
Click on "Get data".
- Graphs will illustrate the results below.
- At the bottom of the list click on "Pdf" to generate and download the relevant statistics report.
Test and deploy
- Click on "Test & Deploy".
The Test & Deploy page allows you to generate a player with modifiable options and the recovery of the associated embedded codes (this page allows you to perform live tests despite the presence of a count-down).
This page can be shared internally or with people you deem legitimate, without them needing to have specific access to the platform.
- Be careful not to share this page with third parties.
- Click on "User management"
You can only grant/revoke permissions (roles) your user has access to.